Alliance Healthcare Pte Ltd and/or its subsidiaries, related companies and affiliates (collectively referred to herein as “Alliance Group”, “Alliance”, “us”, we or “our”) are committed to safeguarding the personal data you provide to us.
SECTION 1: – DATA COLLECTION AND USE
1. Your personal data will be collected by us through the use of HeyAlly Application to enable us to provide Services that meet your healthcare needs and to customise and improve our Services to make your experience with Alliance more secure and convenient. We will only collect personal data about you, such as your name, NRIC number, contact information, government-issued identification document numbers and medical information that we consider reasonably necessary for achieving the foregoing purposes, and for other purposes as set out below.
2. We will maintain a file about you and your use of the Alliance Sites and/or our Services. We will collect, use and retain the data in your file, and such other data that we may obtain from time to time in connection with your activities on the Alliance Sites, for as long as the purpose for which the data is collected continues or where otherwise necessary for legal purposes, such as (a) legal compliance on our part under the applicable law, (b) enforcement of our contractual or legal rights and obligations, or (c) to prosecute or defend legal actions or other proceedings; (d) or for the purposes of our normal business operations in providing the Services.
3. Under some circumstances, we may require certain financial information from you. We will use your financial information (including debit or credit card information) to verify your identity, address, and other information, to detect any fraud or other criminal activity, and to bill you for your use of our Services.
4. We may track certain information based upon your activities on the Alliance Sites. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users in general and you in particular. This information may include your IP address and physical location.
5. While we will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal data we have collected from you is reasonably accurate, complete and up-to-date, you should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. If there is a change to your contact information such as your address, email address, telephone number, do update us to ensure you will continue to receive communications from us without disruption or delay. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and/or services that you have requested.
6. By continuing accessing our HeyAlly Application and voluntarily providing your personal data to us, you are giving us your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data you provided, which is necessary for us to render our Services to you, the fulfilment of our contractual obligations and other purposes stated in this policy.
SECTION 2: – DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Your personal data may be shared among our subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and third parties, whether within or outside of Singapore, to enable us to provide the Services to you, in particular, we may use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
a) Providing you with our Services, such as telemedicine consultation, in-app purchase of medical products or services, vouchers, customer care and administrative support;
b) Office management, operations and administration purposes and for independent conflict clearance, due diligence and background checks in accordance with legal, regulatory and professional requirements;
c) Providing you with relevant information in response to any requests which you may have from time to time;
d) Generating reports and performance of analytics for the purposes of developing or improving products, services, security, service quality and marketing strategies;
e) Generating and/or organising publications, events, news and promotional materials relevant to your needs or purchases;
f) Responding to, processing and handling your queries, complaints, feedback, suggestions and requests;
g) Verifying your identity;
h) Requesting feedback or participation in surveys as well as conducting market research;
i) Preventing, detecting and investigating crime, including fraud and money laundering or terrorist financing and analysing and managing commercial risks;
j) Conducting audits, reviews and analysis of internal processes, action planning and managing commercial risks;
k) Protecting, complying and enforcing contractual and legal rights and obligations;
l) Compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities;
m) Managing and preparing reports on incidents or accidents; or
n) Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
The above purposes may apply even if you do not maintain an account with us or if your account or relationship in whatsoever form has been terminated with us. We have made arrangements in accordance with the applicable personal data protection laws in Singapore to ensure the security of any personal data shared.
2. We may also share your personal data with our third-party business partners who offer goods, services or promotional programme that relevant to your needs or purchases, whether in conjunction with us or not. This applies especially when your registration of an account with us is a result of our collaboration effort or promotional activity with our business partner(s), your personal data may be disclosed to the relevant business partner(s) to achieve one or more of the purposes listed in section 2.1 (a) – (n). In any event, we only disclose your personal data which is necessary in the given context. The business partner whom your personal data is disclosed to is legally bound to treat such data with confidentiality and take the appropriate security measures to protect it in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
3. We will not disclose your personal data except to those and to whom disclosure is necessary to provide our Services to you or in the management, operation and administration of our business and who are similarly bound to hold your data in confidence.
4. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent unless in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for certain purposes, which includes but is not limited to:-
a) disclosing your personal data to our third-party service providers such as clinics, specialists, our partner insurance companies, banks, payment card processing company and courier services provider to the extent required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our Services;
b) disclosing your personal data to government or regulatory authorities, where required by applicable law, statute, stock exchange regulation or by-law, regulatory or governmental order or court order;
c) disclosing your personal data for the purposes of seeking professional advice, such as from lawyers or auditors; or
d) disclosing your personal data for the purposes of safeguarding and protecting our rights, property or personal safety and that of our clients or the public.
SECTION 3: – SECURITY
1. To safeguard your personal information and personal data, all electronic storage, hosting, processing, transmission and backup (for the purpose of disaster recovery or otherwise) of personal and other information are secured with appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures. While we take reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal data, we cannot guarantee that any information that is transmitted or stored electronically is completely secure or that no harmful code will enter the Alliance Sites (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horse, spyware, adware).
2. For users with username and password login, you undertake to keep the username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person and to inform us as soon as possible if you know or suspect that someone else has access to your username and password or believed that the confidentiality has been compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorised transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any damage from any security breaches on unauthorised and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
3. When your personal data is to be transferred to our affiliate(s), business partner(s), third party provider(s) outside of Singapore (“Third Party”), we will ensure that it is protected to at least the same standard under the applicable Singapore personal data protection laws. We may do this by: (a) procuring the Third Party’s compliance with any applicable law in the jurisdiction where your personal data is transferred to; (b) entering into a contract with the Third Party for protection of the personal data transferred; (c) imposing binding corporate rules on the Third Party (in the event your personal data is transferred to our overseas branch or office) to require protection of the personal data transferred; or (d) entering into any other legally binding instruments with the Third Party for protection of the personal data transferred.
SECTION 4: – RETENTION
1. We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required for legal or business purposes. Any personal data which are no longer needed for legal or business purposes will be destroyed or hashed according to our document retention policies.
SECTION 5: – USAGE OF COOKIES AND ANALYTICAL TOOLS
2. We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about our website use by means of cookies, which are stored on user’s computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website. Google will store this information. If you want to opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the add-on for your web browser at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3. We may also include third party links on our website for your convenience and information. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies and hence we undertake no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these link sites and we encourage you to consult the privacy notices of these sites.
SECTION 6: – REVIEW, CORRECTION AND WITHDRAWAL
1. We may upon written request, allow you to view your stored personal information and how it may have been used and/or disclosed by us in the past one year, subject to legal requirements and reasonable administrative fee. We will respond to such request within 30 days of receipt of your written request.
2. Kindly inform us in writing if any personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
3. You may subject to applicable law, regulations and professional standards at any time, give us reasonable written notice of your withdrawal of consent to collect, use or disclose the personal information. If you choose to withdraw your consent to any of all or the disclosure of your personal data, we will not be able to continue providing our services to you. Withdrawal may also result in the termination of any agreement you may have with us.
4. You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication. You may contact us using the contact details found below. Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to 30 calendar days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the services that you have requested or purchased from us.
SECTION 7: – GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
SECTION 8: – ENQUIRIES